This renovation project at Pinehurst #7 was a massive collective effort between design and interior design professionals working hand in hand with Dabbs Brothers to reform the outdated structure into a masterpiece of design and functionality.
The first order of business was for design professional Mark Parson to identify flaws in the layout of the existing structure and create a plan that would maximize the attributes of the property (the golf and water views) that were so endearing to the owners. Second, Mark wanted to create a land plan that opened up the views and the visibility of the residence to showcase its new look. Finally, Mark wanted to give a facelift to the aging structure and create a more modern look and feel. With a game plan together, the design team and Dabbs Brothers embarked on a mission to essentially rebuild the entire structure inside and out (continued below photo gallery).
Several challenges presented themselves early on. The primary being that due to size and scope of work to be done, the home owners would have to return to their lake home in upstate New York during the construction process. This made constant communication between the design team, the owners and Dabbs Brothers crucial in order to save time, money and confusion. The last obstacle was the completion date, the home owners wanted to be back in Pinehurst by mid-October before the temperatures began to drastically drop at their upstate New York home. With five months to complete the work, everyday brought forth an army of workers on site and work vehicles were scattered for blocks up and down the Pinehurst #7 entrance making traffic congestion a constant strain.
Dabbs Brothers was honored to work with such a talented and devoted team of professionals on the Moynihan residence. Nothing validates the effort that we all put forth any more than the praise and excitement of a client who is pleased with the work along with the recognition of our peers.
Scope of Work:
- Reconfigure entry and driveway
- Install retaining wall at North end of property to drastically increase yard space
- Extend North end of home adding panoramic views of the golf course and pond
- Reconfigure locations of bedrooms and living spaces
- Add his and hers bathrooms
- Replace all windows and doors
- Replace stone & stucco exterior with brick and Hardi-Plank
- Add columns and blue stone to entry
- Add fireplace to north end
- Add all new HVAC, plumbing, electrical and home audio systems
- Add cathedral ceiling in great room
- Extend existing deck using cantilevered support system
- Add new roof
- Add new lighting systems to interior and exterior
- Add custom cabinetry and trim work